Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Banquet



 I no sooner posted what I did yesterday (about what to do for our wedding anniversary in February) when the Husband told me, that he has been asked to give the opening Invocation at our local Wounded Warriors Banquet - on our anniversary!  Of course he accepted and I'm fine with it.  And it's a free meal for us! (God provides) It is a formal affair - a annual fundraiser for the Wounded Warriors Project. 

 So now I have to come up with a nice dress and make sure the Husband looks nice. We have a couple of days off before the banquet, so it looks like we will be celebrating our anniversary for a couple of days.

Yesterday I mentioned San Francisco which now, is too far of a drive (4 hours) and we can't stay overnight a couple of nites, like I wanted to - So now, it looks like Sacramento - about 2+ hours.

Ishi

When I think of going down to Sacramento I think of the State Capitol - I've been there many times and it is always a thrill.  We would be going down on a weekday. Of course, Sutters Fort. I haven't been to the California Indian Museum in a long time. I especially enjoyed the Ishi Exhibit. Old Sacramento is always on my "to do" list.




                        and then there is IKEA.




3 comments:

  1. I just counted. We have seven pieces of IKEA furniture. Chicago has two Ikeas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place to go, and get some exercise.

      Delete
  2. Glad it is going to work out for you....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts