Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013



It was weird for me last night. The Husband went to take a nap after dinner so he could stay awake for this temporary graveyard shift. I watched HGTV, House Hunters - one after another. Then he got up, and left for work. Daisey Mae, our German shepherd was all mixed up. She is such a family dog. She just can't relax, if her family are not in place. So she had a restless night.  Plus the coyotes must have been partying because even they were louder than usual. I did wake up in the middle of the night, because there was a cat-fight under my window. Fortunately my cat was inside. It got down to 29 last night. Brrrrrrrr.

So the Husband is home now, in bed. My morning routine is all thrown off. I even had to make my own coffee! 

The last few days Navy son and I have been clashing. He is a joker - always joking. And sometimes it gets annoying. Sometimes I just don't want to be a good sport, and put up with his joking all the time. He and I have always had a great relationship. But boy the last few days, he is just bugging me.

My other son, I shall refer to him as the Foodie. He works at 2 top restaurants here. Not as a waiter but as part of the kitchen staff.  His day job, is food prep, and general kitchen duties and he works closely with the sous chef.  His evening job he washes dishes. I don't know what it is with him, but he loves the food business and this guy is skinny!  He loves good food, gourmet type food. So needless to say, he is my very own personal food critic. Half the time, he eats out. He is always wanting me to change my ways. I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE MY WAYS! He needs to just move out and get a place of his own so he can cook at all hours of the night.

So this is a new chapter I am adding to my blog this year - I am hoping and praying that both sons will be able financially to get out on their own sometime this year or at least be on the verge of it by 2014.

THAT my dear reader is my personal GOAL. I love them but I think it is time. I just hope the economy picks up and they are able to get back to where they once were.


8 comments:

  1. I watch house hunters all the time. How does your husband like his new job? Good luck with that goal with the boys this year. lol Maybe they will read your post and get a little motivated to move. You can hope, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not fond of the temporary graveyard shift they have him on but it should be over this week.

      They are guys - they don't read my blogs. Neither does my husband. I think I am okay with that! :-)

      Delete
  2. None of the lovelies stayed home long enough for me to get to that point- though when Birdie came back and stayed for 5 months, I got really sick of her shedding dog being in the house. Tucker doesn't shed and he weighs 10 pounds. Birdie's dog sheds and weighs 60 pounds. HUGE difference. But I have come to appreciate a quiet house. And I hope to keep it this way.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they all initially left, I was sad. I didn't want them to go. When they boomeranged back into our home - at first I was fine with it. We had some good times, especially with the younger one who left at 18 to go into the military. and he really missed being home. It was fine when he was attending college - but he dropped out this Fall semester. No job. A bit lost in the civilian world. So he is thinking about re-enlisting. I just wish he would make up his mind one way or another.

      Delete
  3. Here's to moving up and out in 2013! ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Mod Mom - love your blogs - they make my mornings.

      Delete
  4. I understand. We love them dearly but..... Hope your New Year Goal works out for you.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. Yeah I do but its not good for them either. They need to GO. Of course I am not kicking them out. They need to be able to afford it. Right now, they are struggling financially - after all that is why they moved in with us.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts