Friday, December 28, 2012

Winding down

inside lighthouse on the Oregon Coast

Things around here are winding down for the big change.  Out with the old and in with the new! 

The old job ends on Dec 31, when the temporary contract expires. Come midnight on Jan 1 the new job with the State of California begins.There will be some shift changes for awhile as they wait for the remaining new hires to complete their background checks, physicals, etc. The husband is one of two - who has everything done, so  the Director of the VA Home, is going to split the 24 hours into 2 - 12 hour shifts and there might be one weekend, of overtime. So while the extra income will be awesome - we won't see it till February.

Oregon Lighthouse

 Like I've said, I don't do changes well - and now if the Husband's schedule changes, that will totally throw me off.  I do eventually adapt, till the next change starts again. I guess it would be boring if it was the same old same old. That's when monotony starts and complacency sets in. I guess its good in a way, to experience major changes every few years.Keeps you young and sharp. (that's if you are already young and sharp)

My former nanny-family called (didn't take them long) to watch the girls on Sat.  So that will be some cash, I can use for January.

Boy are we a testament, on why, you should bank a couple of months income?
See Lessons on the Cheap 

Oregon Coast - maybe we'll go up there in Feb for our anniversary.





6 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Things have a way of working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is hard. It really is. But you can do it. Take a deep breath and dive right in. Oregon is beautiful. Love your pics. We went there on our honeymoon many moons ago. Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that is EXACTLY what I am going to do - dive in.

      We drove up to the Oregon coast 2 years ago - our anniversary is in Feb, so its a possibility. :-)

      Delete
  3. I am anxious to see you tackle these challenges...I have a good idea you are going to shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the confidence. I'm anxious to just get it started. We'll see...

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts