Monday, December 31, 2012

Okay one more for the road



I am still in my jammies - in bed! With my coffee of course. I'm being lazy and I can't stop it.  I know I will regret it later on today. So I can honestly say, this will be the LAST lazy Day from me this year!

I don't like goodbyes. I haven't "rang in the New Years" in quite some time. We used to go to my best friend's home to celebrate but she died 2 years ago. We did that for years. Now the Husband and I usually do one of two things - sleep or stay up late and watch old movies.

This year will be different. He starts his new job with the State of California tomorrow. But since they can't get their act together because everyone there is on holiday - they only have 2 people cleared to work - and that means the Husband...after working today, 8-4 will be coming home to take a nap and then going back to work the graveyard shift till 8am tomorrow. (midnight to 8)

Tonight I will sleep with the dog! 

We were invited to our friend's home for a pot luck type dinner. I'm to bring the garlic bread. But the Husband said he really would prefer to stay home, eat dinner and take a nap - so I am going to drop off the bread and come back home. I don't want to be out alone on New Year's Eve if I don't have to.

So he'll leave around 11:30 and I will either just go to bed or watch a movie. I stay clear of anything that remotely sounds sad - (I have enough sadness I can conjure up on my own) I don't want to be reminded of all the famous people we said goodbye to, in 2012. I already did that!

I was lazy yesterday too - I didn't get around to putting the Christmas stuff away either. I hope this is not any indication of what my 2013 is going to be. 

Happy New Year friends and followers.
Stay safe!




5 comments:

  1. Joe and I will stay up until midnight and drink sparkling grape juice. Vince will go to bed at 10:00 like always. Thrilling bunch, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the comment about, this is the last lazy day for the year. Cute, Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all is well Lenetta. The bad comments were deleted.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts