Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Christmas Break



Christmas 2012 will go down as a total wash.  I am just not in the mood. I'm not in the mood to pull out all of that stuff, to decorate. I did very little gift buying and what I did do, was all online. I did my best to stay OUT of the malls, out of long lines and out of traffic.

I just don't know what is wrong with me this year.  It's not like I am sad, or grieving the past, anymore than I usually do, this time of year - I'm just tired. Maybe this Christmas was my year to take a break. I hope so, because I really do like to enjoy it all and not miss out. After all, I still have loved ones around me - I'm relatively happy, and have much to be thankful for. (oh wait, that's Thanksgiving)

I sit here, knowing that my loved ones, would love to have some of my freshly baked cookies - yet I do nothing. I wrote my step-daughter and son-in-law and gave them a gift certificate for See's candy and told them, their gifts will come after Christmas. All because I do not want to stand in long lines at the post office. It's no biggie. Is it?

I haven't done Christmas Cards in years. I'm so practical that I know it bugs the Husband. I just can't see, spending money on expensive cards - that will be tossed in land-fills - basically sending out junk mail - to people I haven't seen in years, just to get a card in return. I've never understood the whole Christmas Card thing. Just dumb. And then there are those, who display their cards like their little badges of "I have more friends than you do". 
I mean, GAG ME WITH A SPOON.

Maybe I will find it - somewhere between NOW and Dec 25 some Christmas Spirit. I sure hope so, because my own cynicism is getting on my nerves. 




2 comments:

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts