Monday, December 03, 2012

Matronly Me

oh my, this is my future if I don't do something SOON!


As an Avon Rep, Avon is gifting to us,  a free month membership at CURVES. I've belonged to a couple of gyms in my time - the last one just didn't work. (Notice I am not taking any of the blame) It didn't have any showers, and it was always packed. Plus I had a limited (cheap) membership where I could only workout on their slow days. Which turned out it was not a good time for me.


The Ladies Gym.
 *************************************************************

The deal is, I am getting fat.  When I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago and got on the scale, I was HUMILIATED to find out, that I weighed more than I did when I was pregnant. Granted I am a senior now - and a few years post menopause and lets get real here - I am going through a lazy season in my life. (nice way to put it)  I am in a chocolate phase as well - I NEED IT. (and I can't blame it on PMS anymore - its an addiction)



 *************************************************************

My clothes are getting tight. I detest tight clothing. I have to do something.  I plan to give it a try. and maybe the extra exercise will motivate me to eat less carbs. (love rice, potatoes and pasta)


 *************************************************************

I was eating the south-beach way for about 9 months and had lost 20 lbs. Then my Mom committed suicide and I tend to "comfort" myself with comfort food. I did that when my son died too. I used to be a size 4. Now I am a tight size 12/13 and I do not like the sound of that! I will not buy clothes that are bigger than that. That is my limit!  I don't want to be a tired, old lady. I am tired and my bones and muscles are sore because I NEED major exercise!I don't feel good about myself - in fact I am ashamed of how I have let myself go.


 *************************************************************

So my inspiration and motivation will be that I turn 60 in 2014. I want to look good for being 60. I want to be in shape so I can be a sexy senior. I can do this.

Grrrrr, she makes me sick!
 *************************************************************

 Can I? or am I just hopeless? 






2 comments:

  1. The only thing that ever worked for me was portion control. With that being said, I consumed three frappuccinos today. 540 calories!
    That's just not smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep eat less and move more. I can't skip that 2nd part!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts