Monday, December 24, 2012

It is what it is (RANT)

It's a Wonderful Life



Well some of us have to work. The husband just left for work and soon I will be going into Curves to get in my 30 minute work-out.

Today the Husband will ask some questions, and hopefully get more information about this job before he signs on the dotted line -  I got myself in a tizzy, last night. Union dues, Union initiation fees, deductions for benefits, etc.  My figures are showing that while this job pays more, most of it will be eaten up with higher taxes and union dues AND we might be taking in less each month than before. I guess the trade off is, more opportunity for advancement. I mean, does that suck or what?

Needless to say, I am pissed. I'm disappointed. Didn't I say, I didn't trust the whole situation? 

So, what to do? what to do?  It's the Husband's call.  I'm done with it.  We talked about it this morning and I feel better but he also knows that it only looks better on paper. In actuality, it's still going to be tight. Thank God for these last 3 months working there, on a temporary basis. The pay was really good. Soon reality will smack us right in the face (or checkbook)

Sometimes, I just want to friggen, GIVE UP.  Why has it become so hard to make a decent living?  It never used to be like this.  In some ways I am happy that I am close to 60 - I don't have that many more years to endure this crap.

My sister and her husband are struggling and that is really hard for them because they have always been affluent.  My sister has standards and she doesn't mind killing herself to have those comforts.  I'm not like that. I only need the basics. Right now, her husband who works in construction - hasn't had a construction job for 2 years. So he took a Trucking job.  He was gone all the time - but the pay was good. My sister works as a Director for a National recognized Daycare/Preschool. A couple of months ago, he was tired - parked the big rig and went in to get a cup of coffee - forgot to put on the emergency brake. All of a sudden he jumped out of the way, of this runaway big rig - only to find out, it was his! He lost his job.

I felt bad for him. I know how those trucking companies push their drivers to drive and make deliveries on time. There is a lot of pressure for those long-haul truckers. Frankly I am happy he is out of that profession. I was always concerned he would get into a major accident and die. My sister already lost one husband to death. 

I'm usually okay, if I know that I am not the only one that struggles, but they say, the economy is getting better and that there are more jobs.  Maybe it is where I live, in a more rural area - but I am not seeing any improvement at all. My sister lives in Colorado.

Oh well, it is, what it is.  It's character-building.  You just have to deal with it.  Which is what I always do. I just get sick of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts