Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Christmas Eve Post




Okay enough about all the gloom and doom for the next 2 days.  (just gear up for Dec 26)

I happen to LOVE Christmas Eve, the best!  It goes back to when I was a kid, and we opened our gifts - it was festive and fun. As heathens, we slept in on Christmas Day and then gorged ourselves with food and snacks.

When I was a single mom - I started the tradition, of taking my sons out to the movies - after the church service.  Then we would come back home, start a fire and open up our gifts - sit around the tree and eat, laugh and stay up late. That is what we will do tonight minus the fire,  since we do not have a fireplace. 



We're having tamales for dinner. (happy face)


Today I will bake a couple of pies, and maybe a batch of chocolate chip cookies. (for me) That's about it.  I love to eat and all, but I just can't see having this huge feast when others go hungry and or,  are alone.  I really wish I could get my act together and spend my Christmas Day, serving the poor, rather than feeding my face!  I can feed my face anytime. So I will do a minimal "feast" for tomorrow.  Just a basic turkey dinner. and NO GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE. (how many ways can I say YUCK) 

A few years ago my middle son, brought a homeless man home for Christmas dinner. He would pass by the man everyday, on his way to work so he kind of felt as if he knew him. That year, we also had out-of-state family visiting. It made for a meaningful Christmas.


So this is my happy post.  (another happy face) Merry Christmas Eve Day!






4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was good. I'll be glad soon, when its all behind me.

      Delete
  2. Christmas blessings to you and your family! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thanks for being here.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts