Saturday, December 22, 2012

death and tragedy



Yesterday in our little mini snow storm (its all melted now) a 18-year old, was crossing the street at 6:30 am. Apparently the driver did not see him, due to visibility - and hit the young man. He tried to stand up, and was on his knees shouting for help, when another truck, who also did not see him, hit him a second time.

He died later from his injuries.

He was 18 years old.

I did not know him, but my heart is aching for him, his family - his mother.

You just never know, when some freak accident will occur. No alcohol or drugs were involved and the drivers were not charged. I don't know if I agree with that, after all in California the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right-a-way.

 He was just a kid - was just starting his life, developing his own opinions, trying things on - Bless his heart.

I think what is bothering me, is that he shouted out for help and no one heard him - he could of lived.

Tragic.

Makes me go back - to when my son died. Did he know he was dying? Did he cry out for help?  It tears me up.

6 comments:

  1. Such a sad story. How did your son die that you don't know the answers to those questions? I am so so sorry for your loss. How long has it been now?
    My heart also breaks for his family, especially right here before Christmas. Such a tragic story.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://mymorningcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/2012/11/day-7-has-your-life-gone-way-you.html


      Delete
  2. That is just awful. It happened here too, someone was hit twice. They were older, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? How awful. Doesn't matter - it's still a life that just got snuffed out too soon. Very sad

      Delete
  3. Prayers go out to his family. So sad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts