Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas pictures


Our Kitty Koo last year - 1 week before he disappeared. We miss him.


I have yet to do any Christmas shopping. I'm not big on the material part of Christmas; but I do always get everyone in the family a gift. I won't go into debt and I always spend cash.  I hate to shop too so if I don't find what I want in like 30 minutes, I am out of there. I'll just give a little money and make something.

that little tree in the right corner is what I will use this year.


Christmas has been scaled down for the last 20+ years. Especially when I was a single mom. I always got them what they needed because deep down, what they needed is what they wanted. Plus my folks would send me cash to get something for them. We did alright and they aren't scarred from it.  In fact they are much like me now. Just not into the whole shopping thing of Christmas and the material trappings.

Christmas 2010 -

It makes for a much more peaceful time - time to enjoy family. Time to enjoy the whole season.

my favorite tree - before decorations.

I don't have my tree up yet either. The last 2 years, the Husband and the sons, went and chopped down a tree in the forest. ($5 permit) Last year we had the prettiest tree ever. And it made me sad - it was a living creation, that we chopped down and then threw away. I don't like that.  So I told them, this year NO MORE!  I will dig out my little fake tree and put it up. No biggie. It's just a decoration. I do have a lot of Christmas decorations, that I have made throughout the years - I used to make and sell wood crafts and do a lot of sewing. I wish I could get motivated to get back into that.

the front of the house -

Christmas just hasn't been the same for me, since Michael died. I do what I can, to not be a bummer but hey, I'm a Mom and Mom's don't forget.




2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of the natural light in your house. Mine is too dark.

    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We do have alot of light. I plan on painting after Jan the inside. It's still pretty much the same white walls, my parents had. I want color!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts