Thursday, November 08, 2012

The Election and my youngest son




Boy was I wrong. It wasn't even close.  So how do I feel about it?  As far as I am concerned, nothing has changed. It has however, made some in my family make some decisions.

My Navy son has decided to re-enlist - this time the Coast Guard.  He is now awaiting his interview.   Deep down he wanted to go into the Army, but I really pleaded with him not to join the Army because, I'll admit it, I'm scared.  I've already lost one son to death - I just couldn't bear losing another.  Of course that is not to say, the Coast Guard is any safer, especially when he wants to go into law enforcement.  But the risks are lower.  The Husband was a Chief in the Coast Guard and retired out of the Coast Guard. He also had served 10 years in the Navy.  Seems, step-dad has had quite an impact on my youngest son.

So we'll just have to wait and see if he gets accepted. They will reevaluate his prior years and will tack them on - He said he plans to make it a career this time. So his prior years in the Navy would count in his retirement.

You know, with this son of mine,  has a strong "servants heart".  He likes team-work and he likes structure. (from everyone else except Mom) It's all those years in sports. He also has this passion in him to serve - not be served. and he wants to make a difference because as he told me, that is fulfilling. 

So, I guess he'll be moving soon.  I will miss him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts