Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Bloggers!



I just pulled the BIRD out of the refrigerator - Today is not that big of a day for us - because the Husband has to work. Since he does security as the VA Home for the State of California, someone has to be there.  But the good news is, he will be compensated for it nicely and still be home in time for dinner. No biggie.

So I wanted to take this opportunity to share some of what I am thankful for. I know I can be cynical at times. But I really am a thankful person. Maybe I just don't say it enough. (Not necessarily in order)

I am thankful for my family, even though at times they freaking drive me nuts.  My ex-navy son is a joker and a practical joker as well) Takes after his Mom. At times though, he just doesn't know when to stop. But you know, if he wasn't around, I would miss all of that. 

I am thankful for the Husband - He is a good provider and that man does not have a lazy bone in his body. He is always on the move, doing something. I have to make him, relax. Go Go Go. and yeah at times, he bugs me too. He was a Chief in the Navy and Coast Guard so he thinks he still is. He can be bossy.  But after years of marriage I am thankful I have learned how to handle him.  I let a lot of what he says, just wizz past me and agree. I pick my battles.

I am so thankful for this new temp job he has - it has really helped our budget.

I am thankful for the new HVAC.  It's so quiet when it kicks on - and I had forgotten how pleasant it is to be warm.

I am thankful for my new dog Daisey Mae. Oh my, what a love she is.  At times, I just can't keep my lips off her - I'm kissing on her all the time, giving her those big HUGS that you give big German shepherds dogs. I am hopelessly in love with my dog.

I'm thankful we have a house.  Even though I am craving to redecorate and paint and yada yada yada. 

I'm thankful for good neighbors. Have a CHP on one side of us, and a nice family on the other. We do watch out for each other. A nice older couple across the street from us too.

I'm thankful for my family that is no longer here.  I can't help but think back to when I was a kid - and how great my family was. (no not perfect but we had some good times) 

Most important I am thankful that I had 25 years with my son, Michael.  Holidays are hard because there is one empty chair at that dinner table. But I have grown to accept it - what choice do I have?  I can't sit here all day and cry.  I miss him and love him. and am so Thankful I had those years with him. He was the best.

There are many things I am thankful for - these were just a few of them.







1 comment:

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts