Friday, November 02, 2012

Giving thanks for Thanksgiving!




I love Thanksgiving.  It is my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving is like the middle child of the holidays.  Sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas.  At times I resent that fact!

With the exception of purchasing a really big meal, it really isn't that much of a profit-maker like Halloween and Christmas.  I mean, that white meat and drumstick is no sooner picked off the bones, the gravy solidified,  when people are dashing out the front door to camp-out overnight for Black Friday! There are no special movies - no songs to sing.  And I get real TESTY when I start seeing Christmas before I've settled down to my favorite meal of the year!I don't want to see red and green when it's supposed to be orange and brown!

Maybe that is why I love Thanksgiving so much. I feel bad for it - No one loves it or appreciates it.  They only love the 4 days off they get from work.

 I love the history, the times and the whole idea of giving Thanks. A simple holiday.


1 comment:

  1. Right there with ya sister!!! I refuse to put up any Christmas decor or listen to any Christmas carols until after Thanksgiving. Here in the south people actually buy Christmas trees at Thanksgiving. That really makes me angry!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts