Sunday, October 07, 2012

Sunday Morning cuppa coffee



The husband is out buying a new battery for "The Beast" - our old van, that he uses to go back and forth to work in and we use for those beastly jobs.

I'm working the next 4 Mondays (as well as Fridays) so today I am doing what I would be doing on Monday.  Laundry, grocery store, straightening up the house.  This afternoon my Barefoot Books sales leader is calling me to discuss this fundraiser for Stephanie.  This morning she said, she is beyond sick (with the chemo) and she said she is scared. I can't imagine.

Yesterday we went to the movies and saw Taken 2.  I love movies like that. Never been much for Chick Flicks. I like "shoot them up, bang bang" type of movies.  I don't like horror films just action and drama. Of course I love comedy too.  Sad, sentimental movies make me cry and I don't like crying plus they bring me down and I don't like to feel down.

Then after the movies, we went out to dinner.  It's been such a long time since we've gone out to a nice place.  Didn't have the funds. Of course we really shouldn't be doing this, all the time because this job is only temporary and we need to pay things off as well as purchase things we really need badly - like HVAC's and steak knives.




3 comments:

  1. What did you have for dinner?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Char-grilled salmon roasted on a cedar plank and drizzled with sweet-n-spicy Asian glaze and sauteed orzo pasta. Sliced zucchini and we had a salad before.

    For dessert I had the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Cupcake, filled with caramel cream and topped with fudgy mousse frosting and a pinch of crunchy sea salt.

    That cupcake was to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts