Friday, October 05, 2012

Stepping out of my comfort zone

yeah I know it's bad -



All of this with Stephanie has really shook me up. I think of  her when I get up in the morning and during the day. I think of her 2 little girls, and her sweet husband. On Sunday, we attended her birthday party.  What do you get someone who only has 3-4 months to live?  It was the hardest thing to go to but I'm glad we did.  I am witnessing so much generosity from our community - her friends and people she doesn't even know.  I just feel I need to do more - for her family. 

I have decided to hold a Barefoot Books fundraiser.  I haven't even started selling yet...so it is like a launch for me as well, but in a way, I don't care if I get any future business.  I just want to be able to do a little something and provide some really neat children's books for her girls. Not to mention it is getting me, to step out of my comfort zone.   I may fall flat on my face - but I want to try.  This is my motivation - and I am one, who needs major motivation and a goal.

Yesterday I launched a new website for this book business, that will be tied directly to the Barefoot books marketplace under my name.  It still needs tweaking -   I had a blast building it yesterday.  I love being creative!

Go take a peak  and be gentle.

Kidcrossingbarefoot

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely. I like the flying dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. Being the OCD perfectionist that I can be at times - I keep tweaking and re-tweaking. I can't tell you how many times I have moved things around.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts