Friday, October 12, 2012

mean little girls



I'm afraid I might be nannying a "mean little girl".  4 years old this past May.  She is verbal for her age, no baby talk and if she doesn't get her way, she will lash out and cut you down with her words. chop chop chop!  The last month she has been sassing me -  hitting me and today she kicked me. (Do I need this - she ain't my child!)

Today was rough. Finally at the end of the day, I asked her what was up?  Well I got it!  She told me she did not like me anymore and I should go and never come back. (I've never had a child say this to me)

We sat - I was quiet. Then this precocious little girl says,

"If I were you, I would get the check from my daddy and leave - never come back and go be with another little girl because I do not like you anymore."

Excuse me, a 4 year old? 

 She wasn't done with me, yet.  She finished me off by saying,

 "I don't like your shirt and don't wear that around me ever again."

OKAY, I've had enough!  I told her dad that perhaps we need to rethink my position - maybe she needs a break from me for a couple of weeks.  (Maybe it's time for me to depart)  He is going through a busy time  (he is a Publisher) he tells me he needs me.  I did manage to get him to agree, that coming in Monday was too soon.  I'll go in next Friday.

Before I left he told her to "apologize" to me.  She wouldn't because she has figured out that grown-ups cannot make her do anything.  He kept insisting and finally I hated to this uncomfortable spectacle.  It doesn't feel good to me, when a parent forces a child to say they are sorry,  when you know and the child knows, they aren't.  I told the dad to just stop - to not make her.

We may have hit that wall - when a Nanny's time is over.  It's never happened to me like this. Usually I leave and they cry - not kick me out the door!

2 comments:

  1. Dadddy doesn't want to deal with her either. I wonder what Mommy's like. Maybe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, my relationship is more with the dad. The mom and I email. I may also occasionally watch the girls if they go out on the weekend. So I really do not know the Mom that well. And its been over 2 years that I have been with them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts