Tuesday, October 23, 2012

getting old



No matter how much I try not to get old, I am,  getting there.  Sure maybe there are times when I still react like a little girl ( I have been known to cry out for my Mom when I have been seriously ill) or think like a teenager. (I still enjoy my Pink Floyd)

However, no matter how much I walk or try and eat healthy - when I wake up in the morning on cold days, I am stiff and feel crickety.  I can now "feel" the weather in my bones, a few days before it hits.  I always thought that was just a bunch of folklore hooey between the old people.  You know, sittin round the stoop, trying to out do the other codger as to whose pain is more serious, while chewin and spitin tobacco and drinking moonshine.

This morning after my shower I rubbed this MSM ointment on my knees and my one elbow and shoulder.  (I will only use the Marijuana rub when I am not going anywhere) I admit, it bothers me, to see myself this way! I'm a baby-boomer!  We're not ever supposed to get old!

It could be worse. I still have my teeth, my vision, my hearing. Once I apply my "rubs" I am fine. I'm like Tin Man. Need my "oil can" with me at all times or I will rust.

Okay, I've had my few minutes of spittin and chewin.  I feel better now.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I might have a blogger young'un for you.

    She's recently moved back home (your town, I believe) and she works as a vet's asst., I believe.

    http://omylee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been following her for a week or two.

      Delete
    2. I joined her facebook page and from her pictures it looks like she is east of me - perhaps Susanville. But yeah, she's fairly close. :-)

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts