Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Soapboxes - Are you REGISTERED TO VOTE?



ATTENTION:  This is a public service announcement

Occasionally I get on one of my soapboxes and I get stuck up there - It's partially because of my OCD and PASSION.  I try very hard not to let these soapboxes overtake my daily life,  trying to use them only to fuel that passion I have - in a good way.

My passion or Soapbox today is VOTING.   Today is National Voter Registration Day. 





Last night I checked to see if people I knew (who are the biggest complainers about what is going on in the country) - are not even registered to vote.  I was shocked. I also assumed that most of my family and friends were registered - they are not. It sickened me. My husband served 20 years in the military, my son served almost 6 years.  I don't get it. I have voted in every election since I was 18 years old. For me not to vote is treasonous. (there's the passion)

Don't even tell me, you didn't vote last time. I am only concerned about today. Just register to vote and then VOTE. That's it.  So simple.

To check to see if you are registered, go to Are You Registered?

To Register go to National Voter Registration Day.




4 comments:

  1. Yes I am. And my polling location is within walking distance. I always vote. I have voted for candidates in three parties since 1988. Bet you're glad you know that about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm registered!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts