Monday, September 17, 2012

Facebook - family


 It started out for me in 2008.  I joined reluctantly and for the longest time I just didn't get it.

Finally I started finding old friends, neighbors and family across the country - I even found my long long brother and his family and was eventually reunited with them. That's another story for another time.

It was always me trying to get a "cousin-re-union" going, to no avail.  I would make cheery comments and they would never make any comment in return.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr.  It was like high-school all over again.

The other day, a 2nd cousin of mine posted something political on her wall.  I commented back that I agreed with her. The next day, there is a comment under mine, from the wife of a older male cousin. She isn't even BLOOD!  She verbally attacked me and my 2nd cousin.  She was nasty, mean-spirited and just down right RUDE.  Honestly sounding like she needs some hormone intervention.  This is not the first time she has done this with me or my friends, when I have posted something. I mean, this lady has the BALLS! 

So it just bugged me and I had a heart to heart talk with...Me, Myself and I  and decided that I don't need this crap anymore from family I don't even know and who don't even care to know me.  So I un-friended most of them and blocked a few others.(Not my brother and his family - they are all nice)

I am hoping now I can wean myself off Facebook.


Next on my hack-list are high-school "friends" that I couldn't stand in High School (and vice-versa) yet now they want to be face-book friends.  That gets another, "GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr". from me.


4 comments:

  1. So funny! I don't blame you for deleting and blocking people. I do the same thing. First off, there is a select few from school that I'm friends with on Facebook. I get friend requests from people I could not stand and as far as I know they couldn't stand me either. WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE FACEBOOK FRIENDS NOW? I still don't like you. lol, Family....geez that's just a lot of drama usually. If they don't have something nice to say...they get deleted. I get enough backtalk from my teens at home. :)

    Bonnie @ www.alittleunhinged.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear you about the HS friends. Honestly I accepted their requests simply because I was curious about them, after all these years. I looked at their photos, their families etc and decided, I still don't like them!

      Delete
  2. Ha! I'm hoping FB is just a phase that will soon go away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts