Friday, August 03, 2012

Fire

*Wed afternoon*


I have time before I hit my "work week" to say a few more things -

40-50 miles north of me, there is a fire going on.  Since Wednesday afternoon. It's only 10% contained. The interstate was closed Wednesday - Thursday afternoon which made it hard for truckers on their way up to Portland and Seattle.  The other 2 ways to go north, are not designed for huge trucks - with steep mountains and one lanes.

It was horribly smokey yesterday in my town - gave me a headache. 

This weekend does not look good. Along with 106 temps, there will be dry lightening in the mountains.  If we get through this without a major fire it will be a miracle.  \o/

Meanwhile they fight the Salt Creek fire.  Cal Fire and their families have my deepest respect. God bless them!


2 comments:

  1. Is it any better today? Despite the chaos and horror in the photos :( you did a good job taking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fires are 100% contained as of last night. No more smoke! But it did get to be 1000 acres and that is always sad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts