Monday, August 06, 2012

Emotional week coming up


This week will have it's share of emotion.  Today the body of a local soldier is flying "home"  from Dover AFB.  I was going to go to the airport with many of the community but have decided not to. 

Tomorrow is my first born son's 35th birthday. He died almost 10 years ago at the age of 25.

Then on Wednesday I will attend the soldier's funeral at the Veterans Cemetery. My husband (retired military) and I are very active in military/veterans affairs.  However since I have my own stuff coming up, I know my emotional limitations.

Please understand.  I am fine.  I've worked through most of the grief of losing my son.  On the most part I no longer dwell on it, except on certain days of the year.  For grieving mothers, we always feel we have to provide a disclosure of some sort - to make others feel better.  Throughout the almost 10 years, I find myself sucking it up  -  just because others don't know what to say.  It really is okay to not say anything.  This is my blog and I am only venting. 




1 comment:

  1. I saw a picture of your community's soldier on PBS the other night.

    I agree, there is only so much grief you or anyone can handle.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts