Thursday, August 16, 2012

Coincidence?

get rid of your funk!


Yesterday was a bad day for me.  I was down and slightly depressed with my life. Feeling couped up from the fires, the heat and the gas prices.  Basically carrying the world on my shoulders.  Ouch!

Last night a good friend of mine from the bay area called.  She has another good friend here - and she is worried about her.  She apparently has fallen on bad times and is living on SSI.  So my friend, asked me to check on her!  Is that a riot?  Me? 

So I leveled with her - told her I am going through my own little deal, where I am distancing myself from people.  Anyway,  I will call her friend.  I've met her one time.  She has a lot of pride and doesn't like to admit, when she is struggling.  All I can do is reach out - my friend told me I didn't have to pursue her just to call her now and then. 

I can do that...I think. I have to do it if I want to break out of this funk I am in.


2 comments:

  1. Didn't someone once say that you'll feel better if you do something for others?

    Or you can be like me last year and say "I'm embracing my introversion" to avoid lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, yeah really.

      It's 4:11 pm and I still haven't done it. What have I allowed myself to get into??????????

      When I do finally call it will be like a major breakthrough for me. :-)

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts