Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pop tarts

Yeah I like them - what about it? Am I the only one that has a few guilty food pleasures?

this is not a pop tart


I love these little pastries pies filled with strawberry jam. I don't like the frosted ones. Too sweet and I just don't have that sweet tooth like I used to.

I also love those mini chocolate donuts. I don't buy them all the time - like if we are traveling and we stop at a gas station. I'll get me a pack of them. Goes good with a cup of coffee.

However, on the subject of doughnuts, oh my goodness, they are my absolute favorite thing to have with a cup of coffee. Heck I will eat donuts at any time of the day. They are a major weakness for me. I know I know they are all fat and bad for me and will probably kill me one day. I rarely buy them simply because I will eat the whole bakers dozen and then some.

When I have been at places where they are serving a continental breakfast, with muffins and donuts and fruit - sorry, I go for the donuts! I can eat fruit anytime.

Just writing about them, makes me want to toss the pop tart in the garbage for a freshly made glazed doughnut or a chocolate raised doughnut.

PS. donuts and doughnuts are both acceptable.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh....donuts....I wish I could be one of those people who have an iron will and stay away from them, but I must confess that they are my weakness as well. The Hubby is always bringing home the contraband for the kids. I tell myself "those are not for you, they are for the children! What about the chiiiildren?..." but I end up stealing a few and enduring their screams "YOU ATE MY BOSTON CREAM!!!!" Did you know they're making Oreo donuts at Dunkin? And their coffee is so good too. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I like Dunkin Donuts Coffee. Yummmmm

      Delete
  2. I like jelly donuts. Joe ate poptarts every day for lunch at school as a dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guilty pleasure is Sargento Pepper Jack cheese sticks. I eat them all day! I also love fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried those cheese sticks yet - choc chip cookies is a weakness too, but they have to homemade. Store bought, I just pass by. I made peanut butter cookies yesterday and they were yummy.

      Delete
  4. Oh I do love me a good chocolate cake donut and a hot glazed donut fresh off the conveyer belt at Krispy Kreme!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts