Monday, July 30, 2012

never a cockroach


I have been fortunate that I have never actually seen a cockroach in my life. I've heard about them and seen ugly, disgusting pictures of them.  We've had ants, fleas, those circling flies, wasps, mice, snail and slug infestation in the garden, mealy bugs, thatch in the lawn, earwigs, spiders, and dust bunnies.

So my son, tells me, he stepped on a cockroach the other night in our driveway.

Last night I could not get to sleep, freaked out about this. My Navy son told me when he lived in Virginia they are really BIG. And that, him and his friend, TJ would go out and sit at night, armed with flashlights and roach spray and kill them. 

So far I have not seen any of the signs.  But I will arm myself and be prepared.
I read where Boric acid works pretty good.


2 comments:

  1. WOW, you are lucky. Down here in North Cackalacky they call 'em "palmetto bugs" but a roach is a roach and they sometimes are as big as a small dog. We laugh and say ya need a 22 to kill 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts