Saturday, June 23, 2012

I'm confused



And I will tell you why: 

...here I have been mentally and emotionally getting myself ready - for July, when I  no longer will be working full time as a Nanny. In fact, there were times when I was downright EXCITED about it - lying to myself, that it was a new adventure. HA! 

I thought I only had 4 days left - next Friday would be my last day. I'd have a week off and then start my new schedule 2 days a week (Mondays and Fridays) So yesterday the Mom told me, that she has to take 3 days off from work next week - Wed, Thursday and Friday due to a planned Hospital strike that she has to honor. Which basically means, my only day next week is Tuesday. I was shocked!

And to add insult to injury, I asked her to confirm if I will be working 1 or 2 days a week and she told me only 1 day a week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Her husband keeps insisting I am working 2 days a week. So I finked on him - told her about the 2 days and she said that unless he pays for that extra day out of his own account. Other than that, it is a 1 day a week commitment.

What a awkward situation this is for me.

So I came home yesterday feeling very down - depressed -scared. Where was all that so-called emotional and mental STRENGTH I have been exercising for the last few months????  I totally caved in last night and my husband looks at me and just shakes his head....

"You confuse me" he says.

Yeah well, I confuse myself.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should just show up and see what happens. I know a couple of people who stay home when the nanny is there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I could but it's no fun. The children act rowdy when the parents are home. I am home with the dad - he works at home and the girl's are used to that. Add Mom, and it would be a disaster.

    Oh I am okay now - I tend to get my panties in a bunch - fret, chew my nails, talk to myself, rant and rave and then go to sleep. Tomorrow is always a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts