Monday, May 14, 2012

VENT and happy day-after Mother's Day


You've been warned:

My husband and middle son do not get along. Why? Because they BOTH are "know-it-all's and arrogant". There, I said it. I love them both but it really gets old walking around on egg shells. 

Mother's Day was just the way I like it. A non-event. I don't go to church on mother's day because I think it's silly when they have all the moms stand up and everyone applauds. Why are these people applauding me? All I did was be at the right place at the right time to conceive. I gave birth to 3 sons and I raised them up the best I could. Now some years later, I see where I have made my mistakes and wish I could do a "Do over" but I love them and it is just the way it is.

Also Mothers Day bothers me because 9 years ago, my oldest son died at age 25, the Thursday before Mother's Day.  IT was the worst Mother's Day of my life and every Mother's Day since, I am reminded.

I also feel somewhat guilty on Mothers Day because while I did love my mom, we lived 4-5 hours away and I did not spend hardly any of those Mothers Day, with her. And with my Mom, she wanted the flowers, the embellished card, the candy and to be taken out for dinner.

One son cleaned the house for me and took my car out to be washed and detailed. The other son, gave me $100. IN return I did what I enjoy doing for my family and that is cook. On Sat, I made a potato salad - and we BBQ chicken, had potato salad and zucchini and cheesecake with fresh strawberries. They all cleaned up afterwards. During the day, I sat and watched my husband weed eat the weeds -

So I'm glad its a done deal for 2012 -

Well, it's off to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts