Friday, May 25, 2012

Until now...


I have spent nearly 30 years as a childcare professional - first as a owner of a daycare and for the last 12 years as a nanny. I have been bitten, hit, kicked, hair pulled - I've caught many a cold or flu virus, and been exposed to many strange ills. For years I went through a time, where my immunities were strong and I never caught anything. UNTIL NOW. 

The girl's I nanny for,  caught HFMD - ( Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease)  I'm the one that actually diagnosed it for the parents. I've seen it many times and it is very contagious within a childcare setting. My own boys never got it - maybe because they were never in childcare. IDK.

Rarely do adults get it so I wasn't all that worried. Until the dad told me he had blisters in his mouth - the next day, I have blisters inside my mouth. On my gums and in the back of my throat. Nothing on the palms or soles of my feet yet. I did have a headache practically every day this week, but that also could be hay fever.

It's a mild version - but those blisters inside my mouth making eating a real challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I think I have poison ivy for the first time since I was a kid.

    When I chew Dentyne Cinnamon gum, I get a horrible reaction. Maybe you've been chewing gum?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts