Monday, April 09, 2012

Grieving a companion animal

I call them part of the family -

Last Dec. we had to put our beloved dog Sport to sleep. He was 14 years old and going downhill fast. He had that dog dementia, forgot his potty training and was hurting. Since then, I have cried many nights, missing him terribly. He was my baby boy and I was his Mommy!

I didn't think I would find a dog - I knew I didn't want a puppy. (not yet) But on Friday, I saw this senior dog on face-book, from the county shelter saying she did not have much time left. When I saw her face, I just knew. I had to have her.

So tomorrow I will bring home our new little "old" girl. She is 7-8 years old. German Shepherd mix. She's adorable. Has gentle eyes.

I have a cat that probably won't be too thrilled. They named her Daisey Mae. She was a stray and they've had her there for a month. So I'm just going to keep her name - Anyway,  she looks like a "Daisey Mae."

2 comments:

  1. Awwww. We had two retrievers that lived to be 16!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. That would be nice. I sure wish my other dog Sport had lived longer but it is, what it is. I still miss him and think of him all the time.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts