Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I more week

In 1 more week I leave - I'm getting nervous/excited.

I did find out today that a 23 year old female sailor died of a heart attack on the ship. Very sad! Those undetected heart problems in young people - you hear about it more and more.

Its raining a little here today. We need it. We've had warm temps the last week and Shasta Lake still looks like a lake you'd see on Mars or the Moon. Not enough water -

Carl's been offered another day shift job. The one at the electrical power plant is being held off, and delayed due to environmentalists - I mean what do these people want? For us all to go back to the stone age? It is a hydro-electric plant. I don't get it. That's why the economy here is so bad. They have totally ruined the logging industry - now they are after the farmers and their water has been cut to farms by 75%. Most of these environmentalist don't even live here in Shasta County. They bring them in from Berkeley or San Francisco...to start trouble.

So if Carl gets this job, it starts Monday - a day shift with Sat and Sun off. This will be so good. It would be working for the county. I hope its secure....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts