Monday, January 26, 2009

Planning my trip back to VA

Sometime this week I will start making reservations for my trip back to Patrick's homecoming in Norfolk. I wanted to stop by and meet Lisa - I checked the mileage (thinking I would drive it) from Norfolk to Huntington, WV and its like a day's drive. 457 miles and 7 hours and 15 minutes. So I might instead, go ahead and fly back to Ohio to see my 90 year old aunt and then rent a car and visit Lisa. It would be a shorter distance.

I don't know - I don't have the exact dates for the HC. But the Captain said in his weekly phone message that we had 90+ days left and that was 2 weeks ago. That would put it April 20. The scuttlebutt is April 22.

I could pay double for a refundable ticket or just book my ticket now and pay the difference if I have to reschedule.

My step daughter wanted to come with me, but I told her not this time - she wants to meet some guy she met online - and is writing to in VA but my focus is Patrick. I don't want to be distracted, having to run her here and there. I want to see Monticello.  I have to see it!

I'm coming alone which doesn't bother me - in fact I like it. I can do my own thing. I'll meet with a couple of Navy Moms, but most of them are a bit whacked out for me and are planning to do some big drinking -and it doesn't feel good for me, to go out on the town without my husband.  I have to get there 2 days before. There is a reception the night before. Its gonna be so much fun.

I still don't know if he is staying in or getting out in June. He changes his mind so much but I think he's going to get out. Its about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts